September is here which means back-to-school and back to our routines. As you get back into the swing of things, don’t forget about your teeth! Your daily oral health routine is important for not just your mouth, but your overall health as well. We’re here to help with our top three tips to achieve better oral health!
HOW TO KEEP YOUR SMILE IN SHAPE
1. Have a Consistent Oral Routine.
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste (remember to change the toothbrush, every 3 months!).
- Clean between your teeth (you can use floss, a flossing device, or an interdental brush, whatever is more comfortable for you!).
- Scrape your tongue.
2. Eat a Healthy Diet.
- Focus on vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes. They are packed with the nutrients your body needs to be up and running, and they help support oral health, too!
- Limit foods high in sugar, such as processed foods. This includes alcohol! Sugar causes cavities.
- Stop smoking or using any tobacco products. Not only does smoking stain your teeth, but it can also cause gum disease and cancer in the long term.
3. Visit Dr. Brunacini or Dr. Karagiorgos for Regular Check-Ups.
- The best way to fix dental issues is to detect them as early as possible. Visiting us will prevent dental issues from going unnoticed or getting worse.
Having a good oral health routine can be as easy as 1,2,3! Consistency is key when it comes to establishing new habits, so stick with it. If you have questions or concerns about any of these tips, please let us know! You can ask your hygienist, Dr. Brunacini, or Dr. Karagiorgos at your next appointment. It is a conversation that we have with many patients and it will help you have better overall health!