Still looking for the perfect stocking stuffer, guaranteed to make someone smile? Falmouth Dental Arts wants that “Thank You!” Smile to be extra healthy, so we polled our staff for their Top Five tooth-related presents.
1. Electric Toothbrush: You’ve most likely heard by now that electric toothbrushes are more effective at cleaning your teeth than a standard manual toothbrush. Another benefit to the electric brushes is built-in timers to ensure proper brushing time. They’re fun for kids, safe for gums, and help people with braces or other oral appliances clean better!
We recommend Oral B or Sonicare models.
2. Waterpik: If you’ve always wanted to replicate the refreshing feel of the dentist’s waterpik at home, now is your chance! Waterpiks are easy to use, and are shown to be more effective than traditional string floss at reducing gingivitis and removing plaque.
We recommend the cordless travel Waterpik; it’s less expensive, more convenient, and mobile!
3. Shower Flosser: another member of the oral irrigation family, the shower flosser takes water-picking to new levels. An easy-to-install attachment connects the flosser to your shower head so that you’re able to combine your flossing and showering time–at last!
4. Woven Floss: If you’re not ready to invest in an oral irrigation system or just prefer the tradition of flossing, our staff recommends purchasing a woven floss. Made of microfibers, woven flosses expand between teeth to provide a deeper clean. However, the microfiber technology still allows the floss to fit intotight gaps without shredding. Gentle and soft on sensitive gums, woven floss does it all!
5. ACT Restoring Mouthwash: After you’ve finished brushing with your new electric toothbrush and have wrapped up whatever flossing method you prefer, a cool swish of minty mouthwash is just what the dentist ordered. Dr. Brunacini and Dr. Karagiorgos prefer ACT Restoring mouthwash for its anti-cavity power.
Any one of these five items makes for a fantastic, practical, and thoughtful gift for your loved one–or give your own teeth a little love this holiday season with a present to you, from you. If you’re lucky enough to give or receive a dental-related present this year, please share it on Falmouth Dental Arts’ Facebook page!
If you had one too many candy canes and need to schedule a post-holiday cleaning, please call our office at 207.781.5900.
Gift giving during the holiday season may feel like a stressful endeavor, but it doesn’t have to be. For those of you who don’t want to buy the usual surplus of toys and electronics (“They’re only going to use it for 6 months!”), the idea of dental-themed gifts may appeal to you and prove to be a wonderful alternative gift solution. At Falmouth Dental Arts, we’re all about gifting good oral health. We want you to have cavity-free, clean teeth year-round, so we hope that you can find the perfect gift for someone on your list among the suggestions we’ve listed below.
- For the kids: Tooth keepers are small containers that serve as a practical receptacle for the tooth fairy – tooth or reward – and they can also serve as educational tools to help children understand the differences between baby teeth and adult teeth. There are wooden and plastic varieties, both of which can serve as a fond memento of childhood later in life. Thanks to this timeless quality, they are great contributions to any child’s holiday gift roundup.
- For the adventurous at heart: Did you know that there are different flavors of toothpaste other than mint? For example… bacon? With this gift, someone’s tooth-brushing grind can become reinvigorated with exciting new flavors! Not a fan of bacon? Don’t worry – there are a variety of flavors out there, ranging from mango to cupcake, lavender, and more!
- For the photo-opportunists: How many times do we look in the mirror a day? Most people are very aware of their personal appearance because we’re constantly meeting ourselves in the mirror! For the socialites and selfie enthusiasts on your list, we recommend the confidence-boosting gift of a professional whitening so that they can rest assured they’ll always be looking their best for the camera.
- For those on-the-go: Whether carrying it in your pocket or in your purse, gum is a quick and reliable way to freshen your breath at any moment. We recommend sugar-free gum that bears the official ADA Seal of Acceptance. Other gums with sugar result in plaque bacteria and the production of acids associated with tooth decay, whereas sugar-free ADA-approved gum does not. So put some ADA-approved gum into everyone’s stockings this year! You’ll be doing them a favor.
- For the techies: Gifting an electric toothbrush to a friend or family member can really level up his or her respective oral hygiene routine. Electric toothbrushes can clean teeth efficiently with spinning brush heads and resilient bristles. Depending on the brush, electric models range from expensive to affordable, but make sure to consider the cost of replacement bristles for the recipient. Regardless of what type you choose, these toothbrushes have been shown to be effective at preventing a majority of plaque build-up.
- For those who go the extra mile: While the name might have you drawing question marks, oral irrigators are great gifts fit for any adult or dental-conscious teen. Like floss, oral irrigators are designed to clean between teeth. But the difference is this tool directs a stream of water between teeth to remove pesky food particles that cause tooth decay. Oral irrigators are great tools for those who have denture or braces, or anyone who wants that extra assurance they’re cleaning their mouth well.
Who ever knew dental-themed products could present so many gifting opportunities? For specific recommendations on products or brands, feel free to call us at (207) 781-5900.